Summer is finally here and the weather is warm again! Now that everything is going back to some normal and everyone is going outside, I thought I would share some items you need this summer. Here are some hot things that would make you look cool this season:
1. Sunscreen- As you may know, sunscreen is very important for our skin and should be worn
every day for protection from the sun. This summer I’m wearing sunbum face SPF 50 sunscreen which is water-resistant, fragrance-free, and vegan. I have been wearing this for a month and it does not leave a white cast on my face, it‘s very lightweight and evens out my skin.
2. Tint Moisturizer - Tinted moisturizer is this summer’s go-to makeup trend for a quick natural look. This one from The Lip Bar is my favorite because it has SPF, hyaluronic acid (reduces fine lines while moisturizing the skin) and the color matches my skin perfectly. I highly recommend this one for an effortless summer look, perfect for on the go or vacation. I’m in the color almond joy. Here’s a picture of how it looks on me.
3. Lip gloss- Fenty beauty pro kiss’r lip balm in cocoa drizzle- of course, I had to put lip gloss for the summer. Fenty beauty’s lip balm is my absolute favorite simply because of how smooth and moist my lips are. Plus it has a nice chocolate tint color.
4. Dresses- I love a summer dress that makes you look elegant, casual, and beautiful. Everything from a nice dress that flows or a t-shirt dress, you will feel so comfortable and cute. I got this one from Dillards.
5. Tops- I love a good top with some jeans or shorts, especially a crop top or an off the shoulder for summertime. I have a few tops that’s perfect for those hot days. Here are two of my favorites:
6. Shorts- Of course, you have to have a good pair of shorts for summer. The shorts I have fits well with my petite shape and can go with anything I wear.
7. Shoes- Normally I would wear flats this season, but open-toe shoes and sandals are my go-to for summer. Last month I brought these Chelsea and violet shoes also from Dillard’s that are so cute and comfortable. I wore them once with my dress and shorts outfit.
8. Shimmering lotion/ Oil- It’s nothing like some sun-kissed, golden glow skin for the summertime while getting hydrated smooth skin. I love using shimmering lotion to make my complexion shine. I used this bronzing shimmering oil from C.Y.O. that had vitamin E mixed with coconut fragrance for glowy legs and arms.
9.Bronzer/Highlighter- This is my absolute favorite must-have for the summertime. Every time I do my makeup, bronzer and highlighter are my favorites to apply to give my face a nice natural golden hour glow. For bronzer, I love the Mented cosmetics bronzer in ’yacht life’ a warm brown blends so well and the color matches my skin perfectly. For highlighter, I use colourpop‘s highlighting stix in ‘acting up, which is a beautiful golden peach color. These two together are the finishing touches to brighten my makeup.
10 Hat- I love a big beach hat to protect your face and skin from the sun, plus it is stylish with every look. I got my hat from Target and it is the best summer accessory ever.
Bonus essential: Water Bottle- It is very important to stay hydrated throughout the hot summer months. I got this Origins glass water bottle as a gift from work and it has made drinking water easy. I love how it has water levels that remind you to keep drinking water. This is the best essential to have this summer and all year round.
Thanks for reading my summer esssentials post. What essentials do you have for this summer?
Please feel free to like and comment.