There is a quote that Robyn C Downs said: “Do things that make you feel good: mind, body, and soul.” I love this quote because these days I’m into taking care of myself and building self-growth.
In this post, I wanted to share some self-care tips that I feel would be great for anyone wanting to improve on the self-love and self-growth journey, or if you are stressed and want to take care of yourself.
1. Listening to Podcast- Podcasts has been my go-to when it comes to hearing inspirational and moving topics that relate to me personally or just wanting to get a good laugh. It is also motivating to hear other opinions on something you are passionate about to get you through the day.
2. Journaling- At the beginning of this year, I brought two new journals to plan and write ideas down. I also write my favorite quotes and affirmations for motivation.
3. Getting some air- Soaking up the sun and getting some fresh air always put me in a good mood. I usually would take my dog for a walk and enjoying the good outdoors.
4. Social detox- This is something I’m still practicing for myself. Social media, although we all use it, can be distracting at times. Taking a break from social media can help us focus on tasks and get things done. This is also good to do before going to bed to relax and prepare for a good night's sleep.
5. Spa day (pampering time)- If you follow me on Instagram, you know I love skincare. I did a reel on my skincare routine for dry skin. Having a day for washing your face, taking a long bath while drinking tea or water to me is the best self-care.
6. Meditate- I recently downloaded an app called Meditation for the best activities for your body and mind. They have different courses for breathing, yoga, and sleeping. I meditate often, but when I’m stressed or tired from a long day I take at least 10 to 20 minutes to sit still and breathe. I like to do it in the morning as well for a positive start to the day.
I hope you like these tips for self-care. Tell me what other tips you do to glow up?